Saturday, January 29, 2011

Waffles

From top to bottom: strawberry waffle with gelato; blueberry waffle with cream


Waffles
$38 (waffle with gelato); $28 (waffle with cream)
Pappa Gallo, Langham Place, Mong Kok

On a whim, I stepped into the Pappa Gallo dessert shop in the Langham Place basement and was pleasantly surprised by its diverse menu.  The shop specializes in waffles, crepes and other desserts that would more likely be found in a shop in Korea or in the States than in a Hong Kong restaurant.  I ordered a $28 blueberry waffle while my friend ordered, for $10 more, a strawberry waffle with his choice of gelato.  The presentation of both were exquisitely presented, and no sooner had I taken the above photos than I scarfed down my waffle by the fork-load.  Sweet, filling and inexpensive, that is an unbeatable combination!

In fact, I was more interested in trying out their Lavazza coffee, which can be purchased for only $15 (regular price, $20) with the purchase of any meal.  Unfortunately, I had already had two cups of coffee earlier in the day so that seductive Lavazza will have to wait until I return!

2 comments:

  1. Really impressive! These look great and I agree, I think the price is very reasonable. Crepes are super popular now in SF and I doubt you can get a sweet one at a sit-down style restaurant for less than 8USD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, yet, I suspect the portions would befit an US$8 price tag. I miss American sizes.

    ReplyDelete