Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Patisserie Tony Wong

Patisserie Tony Wong from David Woo on Vimeo.

The bakery in Kowloon City has received many positive reviews on Openrice; and indeed, when I visited the store last Saturday, the line stretched out the door, which attracted even more onlookers. By the time my friend and I ventured inside, unfortunately, only the reserved cakes remained; all the small cakes were sold out!

There is no seating inside the patisserie. Prepare to stand in line, and subsequently to eat, standing.

We ended up having dessert in Sweetacy in the mall nearby.

4 comments:

  1. wow nice to see Kowloon City! But Dave, seriously, it's pa TEE sir REE ! Nice video, it is really cool to see the bakery in the middle of Kowloon city. Perhaps standing in line isn't so bad, I hear it is actually good (especially for people with desk jobs like me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the pronunciation tip, Ms. Hatton XDDD; yeah, sometimes standing in line with a good book beats sitting at a desk all day.

    I'll let you know about the cakes once I try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did this Patisserie open? I wish I knew because I was just in HK in April'10...I have 2 of Tony Wong's books and i'm a fan...I will surely visit this place on my next visit to HK...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I didn't know Tony Wong was an author and an entrepeneur; what does he write about?

    The place has been open for at least a year. Judging by the lines, that place must have been relatively new at the time I went. I haven't been back since, but when I go, I'll update the profile.

    ReplyDelete